Wednesday, May 19, 2010

May 19th Report

Long time no see! Can I blame it on a new baby?

Eden Catherine was born January 7, 2010 (in our car, while it was moving, with my underwear still on...fun day :) ).

So, I've moved onto a bit more of an eclectic teaching style incorporating bits of Montessori.

Here's what we did today:

Language:

Letter of the week is "m". We use the phonetic sound mmmmm, and only the lowercase letter. We added a map with hidden letter m's to our m wall this morning.




He circled the m's and added his own additions to the map.

He also traced the sandpaper letter m and used the Kumon write and wipe letter m.

Math:

We used the sandpaper numbers laid out on a playsilk and the kumon write and wipe numbers to play a matching game. First we counted the dots on the back of the Kumon cards. He counted up to 4. For number 5, he counted 1,2,3,4,9, so after that I counted the dots so he could have more exposure. Then he found the matching sandpaper letter. I encouraged him to trace the sandpaper letters with his finger, but he didn't do it for all of them.




Sensorial:

He did the sound cylinders. I gave him a new presentation and we watched the YouTube video of a presentation, but he still needs another one next time. He packed it up and we put it away together.

Practical Life:

He did several pages in his kumon easy mazes book.

In other news:

I started a "progress chart", mostly to help me as I've become lax at guiding him into well-rounded activities. Here is how it looks...

He picks a sticker.




And we put it here.




- Brandy

No comments:

Post a Comment